Friday, March 02, 2007

ON THE RADIO WITH FREEWHEELIN'

A week or so ago, Craig wrote an email into the Sirius Satellite radio show Freewheelin' telling the hosts, Meredith and Chris how much we enjoy their show and to let them know about our blog. Much to our surprise we got a response back right away asking if we might be interested in doing a guest spot on their show. We thought why not, if we make complete fools of ourselves we doubt there would be anyone out there listening that would know us.

So this morning at 9:30am we were both connected into the show for a half hour chat about blogging , how we met, and how Craig got interested in driving truck. It was yet just another fun experience for us to share together, and between you and me, I think we did okay!

Let me catch you up on where we have been the
last couple of days. We left Lemitar, New Mexico, and made our way through the Canyon Lands of Utah. There was a dusting of snow on the ground. I thought it made this area look even more photogenic than during the summer. I seemed to have formed an allergy whenever we are in the Southwestern area of the country and this proved to be no exception, although I think there was a bit of a flu bug too. Thankfully, I was able to sleep most of it off in Wellington, Utah.

We hit a bit of snow showers as we neared the Salt Lake City area, so decided to stop at a Flying J and wait for our time to be on the radio. After our 15 minutes of fame, we took a shower and headed to our next fuel stop in Snowville, Utah. It was originally suppose to be Jerome, Idaho, but with the strong head winds we have had over the past couple of days, the fuel consumption increased a bit. When we called dispatch, we found out we weren't the only ones requesting additional fuel due to the winds.

We are going to be staying at a rest stop on Interstate 84 outside of Boise for the night in an attempt to get into North Bend, Washington to do a 34 hour reset of our hours before our next assignment. We were given a preplan this afternoon which has us going to New York Mills, MN and then to Las Vegas, NV and Dixon, CA to drop off boats. Seems we just may get into Modesto so that I can get my tooth looked at by my dentist, oh....and it's about time for a hair coloring. A girl does have her priorities!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I have your autograph?? WHo knows, maybe you two will be become a regular feature on their show.

Opie

Anonymous said...

my father in law use to drive truck all over North America and to read your blog and a couple others and read pumpkin driver.com it gives an in sight of what it is like on the road,and what he went through. Your blog is one of positive and not negatives. I look forward to reading your stories I check every day before I leave for work and when I get home. Be safe

Anonymous said...

Craig and Diane,
Congrats for your first full year Truckin' and enjoying your semi retirement! I wanted to send this around Feburary 10 thru the 16th when you started, but I lost your blog. I Found it and you both look great! As the old saying says;
Keep on Truckin'!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin