Sunday, February 18, 2007

THE PERFECT DAY

We awoke Saturday morning to realize that it had snowed during the night. There were patches of snow on the ground and accumulated on the fenders of the truck. With less than 800 miles to go to our destination in the Austin area we had slept in a little, 4:30am Pacific time. Normally Craig wakes up around 3am. We will have to readjust our clocks as we get closer to California.

So after our usual breakfast, cereal, fruit and juice for Craig, and oatmeal with raisins for me, off we went westward. It wasn't long before Craig mentioned since we had time today, that he would like to stop at a Lowe's or Home Depot to get some McGyver materials to position our satellite dish just perfectly. No sooner had he mentioned it than I pointed off in the distance to a Lowe's. As we got closer, I mentioned, to make this day perfect there should be a Starbucks nearby.
No sooner had I said that and Craig was pointing to a Starbucks on the corner. As he pulled off to the side of the roadway, I ran inside and got our usuals. With drinks in hand I was back in the truck and we were headed down the street to the Lowe's. Let me just say, it had been a long week since my last Starbucks and I was indeed a very happy girl!As I waited in the truck and enjoyed my iced venti latte, Craig had his own happy time wandering the aisles of Lowe's. After a short period of time I saw him walking back to the truck armed with his materials. A successful hunter if I ever saw one!We were back on the way to our next fuel stop and so as we left Tennessee we said hello to Arkansas as we passed over the Mississippi River. As we got closer to our fuel stop I knew we would be passing by a very important city and wanted to be ready to take my photo.Yes, it was Hope, Arkansas, the birthplace of President William Jefferson Clinton. If you blinked you would miss the town entirely, but they at least have the sign to let you know you where there.
So as the sun set on our perfect day, we found ourselves at a Flying J in Texarkana, Arkansas, with one more thing to make this day perfect. Our East coast/West coast network feeds were finally programed into our satellite TV. What a perfect day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin