Tuesday, August 15, 2006

WE'RE BACK FROM VACATION FROM VACATION

We really do consider ourselves both retired and on permanent vacation. At no time does this even remotely feel like work, or should I say, the work that we used to do. I speak for myself here when I say getting out of a negative environment was the best thing I ever did for myself. I don't even think about the money I was making,especially when I get comments from people who have not seen me in awhile and they say " I've never seen you look so happy & relaxed ". Money can't buy you that!

We were able to take care of some personal business in Modesto and catch up a bit with family. We had a delicious meal at my Mom's Friday night and then enjoyed dinner out with Craig's Mom and Dad on Saturday. In between we caught a couple of movies with my nieces and had time to do some shopping.



Neither one of us could get out of Best Buy without dropping some serious change there. Craig had his eye on the Play Station Portable which he bought along with two games. Ten hours later with tendonitis setting in his thumbs he still had a big smile on his face. Now he has something to occupy his time during down time and waiting for loads.



I have got myself hooked on watching DVD's of season one of Desperate Housewives. I can't get enough of this show and it's characters and can't wait for season two to come out. So in the mean time I purchased the complete six season series of Sex in the City. That should keep me busy for quite awhile. I also managed to get to Barnes and Noble and stocked up on six books to read. Between all that and the internet, there is never a dull moment around our little home.

Sunday we were dropped back off at the company yard in time to get the truck washed and then do some grocery shopping to restock our pantry. We both were able to get our fill of Starbucks over the four days we were off, but we also were looking forward to getting back on the road. This lifestyle can be very addicting and when we went to sleep Sunday night in our own beds we both realized something......."There is no Place like Home."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome "home," where your home truly is on the range! I wish I could have had the pleasure of your company while you were in town, but I am thrilled you had a nice respite before going home. Beside, my life has such drama in it right now, probably better to wait until your next passage through the area.

And thank you for letting me "live" vicariously through you and Craig! Keep on truckin! Opie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin