Thursday, May 08, 2008

LUMBER IN A REEFER?

Get this, Craig goes in and meets his fleet manager (dispatcher), and gets his first assignment....... a load of lumber. I know, who would of thought, but that is the beauty of a reefer from a company point of view, you have the best of both worlds. When not hauling something that needs refrigerated, you can turn off the unit and haul just about anything. Talk about heavy, Craig was at the limits of his weight capacity at just under 80,000 pounds

I had asked him how the new truck handled that heavy of a load, compared to the other two trucks we have had, and he was impressed with the power the Peterbilt had going up hills with such a heavy load. What he isn't impressed with is the lack of room, especially in the cab area, but as I told him, look how much easier it will be to hold hands.

The load of lumber was picked up just outside of Coeur d'Alene, ID, and took Craig by the St. Joe River. As you can see from the sign, the St. Joe is the highest navigable river in the world at an elevation of 2307 feet, and I have to admit some pretty darn good scenery to look at as well. Craig was able to get some great shots from his cell phone, but I sure wish I could have taken some with my good camera.

After scaling, and having to do a little adjusting with the fifth wheel, Craig was off and headed to Hollister, CA. He had to put in as much driving as he could yesterday as he has a delivery date on Friday morning. Unfortunately, since his pick up appointment wasn't until 12pm, that meant he drove until almost midnight last night.

He hopes to be able to make it into French Camp, CA late tonight, and getting me on board with him, but we are still trying to complete the final details of our financing on the park model and I may need to stick around a few more days. No matter what, we will at least meet up and spend a few quality hours together before he heads out, with or without me, and it is safe to say, I'm hoping it is with me! I'll have my bags packed just in case.

1 comment:

Just me-Jerri said...

Here is to hoping/praying all goes well for your reunion to be more permanent when you meet up today. From a woman, with a deployed hubby...........I understand the desire to be with your other half.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin