Friday, December 15, 2006

WE HAVE THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

  
We decided to have a bit of Christmas spirit this year. The last few years when we had our home in Modesto, we didn't even put up a tree, but this year we thought, or should I say, I thought, and Craig went along with it, to put a wreath on the front of the truck. I had seen this over the years on my commute to and from San Jose and thought it was nice. So while we were in Spokane, we purchased the wreath and ribbon and found time to attach it to the truck. Some of the truck drivers have quite a sense of humor. We saw one that had a snowman splattered across the grill like it had been run over. Craig even humors me by playing the Christmas station on the satellite radio at least once during the day. We don't know yet where we will be for Christmas, but as long as we are together it really doesn't matter.

  
We did pick up not one, but two Genies in Moses Lake before we left Washington state which I affectionately refer to as the "Siamese Twins". We are headed to New York to drop them off on Monday, Dec. 18th. From listening to the weather channel, it looks like we have been one step ahead of a major storm the entire way. Sounds like Washington is getting hit pretty hard and no doubt there will be fresh snow at our new home at Skookum. As I commented to Craig, I am surprised, but not disappointed that there has not been more snow while we have traveled through the Midwest. We can't be so lucky as to avoid a good snowstorm or two before winter is gone, after all, I am silently hoping for a "White Christmas" wherever we might be. I know.....be careful for what you wish for..... I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

TDoxie said...

Happy Holidays Diane and Craig!!!

I finally came across the address to your blogs ... I've read through a few exciting ones already but have sooooo many more to read through to get caught up on your wonderful journeys. Good Luck to you both. Happy Holidays (wherever you may be) and Safe Travels.

God Bless You Both,

Tara Doxie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin