Saturday, September 30, 2006

THE LONG LONELY ROAD


This my friends is what we waited almost eight days for. Four boats, one headed to East Wenatchee, Washington, and the other three to Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. This is, I think, the third time we have traveled this route back into Washington. I've taken the opportunity to read another book, and Craig enjoys listening to his satellite radio. As the sun was setting one evening, I took this shot and thought that if you let it, the road could be long and lonely. We are thankful to have and enjoy each others company along our journey discovering this great country of ours.


Going through New Mexico we came across a sign marking the Continental Divide.

I've always wondered what exactly the Continental Divide was so I found out. The Continental Divide in the Americas is the line that divides the flow of water between the Pacific Ocean and Atlantic Ocean. Rain or snow that drains on the east side of the Continental Divide flows toward the Atlantic Ocean while precipitation on the west side drains and flows toward the Pacific Ocean. The continental divide runs from northwestern Canada along the crest of the Rocky Mountains to New Mexico.
So now I know and if you ever wondered you know too. Let's move on.

My favorite season is fall so I have been enjoying the change of seasons we have seen along our way. Most times there is not an opportunity to take a good photo, but I will keep trying. This shot was taken in Utah.

We are currently staying in Stanfield, Oregon, just south of the Washington border. We will be here for a 34 hour reset of Craig's driving hours before dropping off the boat in Wenatchee early Monday morning. We will be traveling on some roads we have not been on before and hoping to get some great photos along the way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin