Sunday, August 07, 2011

CHECKING IN


I've been absent for awhile.  This has been the longest I have ever gone without posting a blog entry since 2006.  Life has a way of getting in the way of doing what you really want to do.  Jury duty is not something I want to do, but wouldn't you know it, not being a resident of California for over three years, I get a jury duty notice mailed to me at my Mom's house.  Do you think they knew I would be in town?  Years ago, while still working, I would have loved to have the chance to be on a jury.  Now?   Not so much, but I thought it would be fun to actually show up when requested, but then realized that the Judge would not be half as amused as I would be, and thought better of that idea.  I regretfully sent in my notice, checking the box indicating that I was no longer a resident of the County.

Moving on......my Mother came through her surgery quite well.  After 9 days in the hospital, she is home and I am helping her with her recovery.  After all those years of feeding me, cleaning up after me, and changing my diapers, I thought it was about time to pay her back with the feeding and cleaning (no diaper changes needed, thanks for asking)  and take care of her for awhile until she is back on her feet.  I only wish that the weather was a bit cooler, but we can all be thankful for air conditioning.

Craig is taking a week of vacation and spending it here in Modesto with me.  He figures he might as well get in on my feeding and cleaning up after gig while the getting is good.  He should be here by Tuesday, and we plan to check out a few of our favorite places around town, when we used to call this place our only home.  Now it seems we have many homes, our house in Usk, Cori's little cottage in Walla Walla, my Mom's house in Modesto and of course the big green truck.  Well as they say, home is where the heart is and wherever we are together, will always be home to us.




2 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for catching us up with life. glad you mom is doing ok. it is nice to be able to give a little to those who have given us so much.

all things bradbury said...

i'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing so well...obviously you are rendering excellent care!!..hopeyou and craig have a good week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin