Sunday, November 16, 2008

TURNING OVER

We knew it was coming, and at the appropriate moment, Craig made the announcement, and I took the picture. We watched, as the odometer flashed 300,000 miles, and then the excitement ended as quickly as it came. The most miles I have ever seen on a vehicle was the 249,000 plus miles, I had on my Acura Integra, which faithfully made the round trip from Modesto to San Jose four days a week, for too many years to remember. But 300,000 on a semi truck is small change, no big deal, just another day in the life, but still, it was fun to watch. Get the idea we are easily entertained?

Another bit of turning over we do is at night when we sleep. Both Craig and I are side sleepers, and we seem to suffer from the same shoulder pain. The night is a ritual of laying on one side, until the pain awakes us to turn and lay on the other side. This process is repeated continuously throughout the night, but luckily not so much, that we are still able to get a good night's sleep. Maybe one day we will have them checked and do something about it. Yeah...... one day.
.
But I think the most precious of the turning overs that we are involved with, is the daily turning of day into night. For the past week, we have been blessed to see the most magnificent of sunsets. I vow to never take them for granted, and I continue to marvel at the beauty that I am privileged to witness everyday. I know how fortunate I am to be able to live this lifestyle and recognize the gifts we are given on a daily basis and enjoy them until it is time to turn over the page and start another chapter in our journey together.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It is wonderful that you know that you are richly blessed.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin