Friday, January 26, 2007

THE BACK ROADS OF WYOMING & MONTANA

Driving along these back roads has been interesting, as we would have never have driven them had it not been for this job. That being said, it is often times hard to write about our days when not much is happening other than us listening to our books on tapes or sattelite radio.

  
We did happen to see this silhouette of a buffalo on a hillside as we crossed into Wyoming from Colorado. I kept my eye out for the live version, but have yet to spot one on this trip.

  
Now this particular sight intrigues me. They had both directions of the freeway shut down as they blew snow into the median strip. It wasn't until we were allowed to pass by that we figured out they were clearing the ditch along side the roadway for the next storm so they would have some place to put the snow.

  
The back road we were on through Montana was mostly dry grassland with nothing much to catch your eye, however, I did manage to take this photo which I thought was quite nice. I often wondered driving though the small towns we came across, which probably had no more than 50 people living in them, what keeps the people there? I'm still not sure, but they all had at least one bar in town. That's one way to keep the townfolk happy!

  
My last image of Montana was of the ernormous windmills out in no man's land. It never ceases to amaze me where these windmills are placed, but I am sure they generate quite a bit of revenue to the landowners.

Well tomorrow morning we have my dreaded confrontation with Customs. I called ahead to the broker and was told that all the paperwork was in order and forwarded to Customs. I'm for one hoping we have a smooth sailing with our boats through the border.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin