Sunday, July 22, 2007

WHITE FLAG OF DEFEAT


This being my second summer out on the road, and spending more time in the south than the southwest, I have come to the conclusion I will never be a southern belle. I fought the humidity, but the humidity has won. I raise the white flag in defeat and walk away with my flat iron in my hand. The humidity was such that when we walked from the hotel to our truck, the second we stepped out the door, our glasses fogged up so badly you could not see where you were going. Anything you had in your hands, like my laptop, was instantly covered in a moist film of wetness. You can actually see the heaviness in the air, thick with moisture, as we started our journey to leave Texas this morning.


After our muddy drop in Pflugerville, TX, it was no surprise to us that we were sent to Pharr, TX to pick up a load of boats. Nice thing about Pharr is we know the area and how to get around, so our usual stops, Wal Mart, Starbucks, & the theatre to take in a movie, were accomplished on Saturday while we waited for our trailer to return from Mexico.

After realizing that it had been four months since we have taken any time off, we decided that since this load of boats was being delivered to East Wenatchee, WA, we would take a few days off in Spokane after our drop. We want to start establishing residency up there, so we will begin that process while we have some time off. The picture I took of the wild flowers along side the roadway reminded us that we also want to stop by the property in Newport, WA and see what it looks like for the first time with no snow on the ground.


Lastly, I need some mall time and a stop at a salon to have my hair cut. Waving that white flag made me think that it just might be time to think of a different battle plan while out on the road. Short and sassy is sounding real good right about now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin