Friday, July 20, 2007

DIRTY JOBS


Both Craig and I are fans of the show "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe on the Discovery Channel. I love his sarcastic humor when having to deal with some of the dirtiest jobs I never knew existed or would want to experience myself. I never thought Craig had a dirty job, until today, in Pflugerville, TX when we dropped off the wheel loader at a CAT dealer. Of course it was warm and very humid with cloudy skies. The yard was only partially paved and as luck would have it we had to park on the unpaved area. We thought at first it was pretty solid as we went to work taking off the straps and chains, that is until I felt myself sink down about 3 inches into the mud. But carry on we did, our feet weighing a few pounds heavier than when we first started and battling the suction of the mud wanting to keep our footwear well embedded within the gooey mess..

After the paperwork was signed and we started putting the gear away, the skies opened up. A warm light rain at first, almost evaporating from the warmth as soon as it hit our skin. I guess Mother Nature didn't think it was raining enough because then it really started to rain.... big fat raindrops and lots of them. Always the gentleman, Craig told me to go ahead and get into the truck, that he would finish up. I didn't need to be told twice so I scampered off to the dry confines of the cab. By the time he made it into the truck he was completely soaked making this one of the dirtiest unloads we have ever had. So Mike Rowe, and the rest of your Dirty Jobs crew, my hat is off to you and the messes you get yourself into. I can only hope this will be the dirtiest we have to get.

1 comment:

John said...

Thanks for blogging. I always enjoy reading your blogs. Even though it makes me wish I had someone to ride with me and chronicle all "our" adventures.

Chicago is also fairly decent at 3am, even running through the middle.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin