Thursday, July 19, 2007

ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN' IN MISSISSIPPI

Had I of known how rough the roads were as we left Jackson, Mississippi, I would have worn my safety helmet that is stored away. As it was, we both safely avoided getting hit on the head by items flying out from the overhead storage area. Before my camera could do serious damage, I grabbed it, while trying to stay on my feet and placed it on the dash. The rest of the items that had fallen were temporarily placed on the bed until smoother roads were traveled.

Wednesday, leaving from the truck stop in South Carolina, we made our way through Georgia, with the normal slow down through the Atlanta area. As we entered Alabama, we stopped at the welcome center for a break and enjoyed the view from a porch with rocking chairs they had constructed to the rear of the building. It was so tranquil and peaceful there. Back on the road again, we found ourselves crossing into Mississippi and headed towards our last fuel stop for this trip in Pearl, MS, just outside of Jackson.

We took advantage of our free showers at the Flying J Truck Stop this morning and actually started feeling human again. Even at 7am it was already warm and humid as we left towards Texas and our final destination. Unfortunately, the roads are not getting any smoother and trying to type this entry, hang onto the laptop, and not fall out of my seat is proving to be challenging to say the least. For those of you old enough to remember, I'd rate this as an "E" ticket ride in Disneyland, All Craig and I need now are the mandatory Mickey Mouse ear hats and we got ourselves a ride.

1 comment:

rosemary said...

Catching up as usual.....I could not do the humidity...just could not. The barm pix are wonderful. Makes me want to live on a farm. Steve saying as we were on our way to the dump with a bag # we have not reached before and I won't tell you "See how much nicer the truck rides on the rocks when the bed is full?"

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin