Thursday, May 24, 2007

INTO EACH LIFE A LITTLE RAIN MUST FALL


........... then you get a glimpse of a rainbow peeking out from between the clouds. Most people who know me, know that I love the rain, love overcast, cloudy days where the temperature hovers around 50 degrees. I have been in heaven the last couple of days, the weather is cool, the skies are cloudy, and there is a crisp cool wind blowing. What I especially love iwith this weather is a fire in the fireplace, doing a little reading, cross stitching, or even baking a batch of cookies. All of which I can do from the comfort of my passenger seat, with a great picture window in front of me, albeit with a few bug splatters here and there. What I can't have is the fireplace and the baking, but then we just turn up the heat a bit and buy a cookie at the next truck stop down the road.


We were the first truck in line Thursday morning at the Bayliner Plant in Pipestone, MN and they started loading the boats by 6:30am. Since we had drove so late the night before to get there, we had to wait a couple of hours after getting loaded before we could leave. That gave me sufficient time to call the three dealerships and schedule delivery times. Billings was no problem, 750 miles away, we could deliver on Friday, Pocatello was agreeable to have us deliver on Saturday. With Boise so close to Pocatello, we were hoping they would also take delivery on Saturday. No such luck, with the Memorial Day holiday, they informed me that there would be no one there over the weekend and that we would have to wait until Tuesday morning to deliver. Well, we half expected this to happen. That gives us two days sitting idle in Boise. We are hoping to take off on foot and explore as much as we can, and if we get lucky, enjoy a movie and dinner like we did in Fargo.

So as the sun sets on another day, I'll keep enjoying my cloudy, cool days, marking off the miles on my mapping program as we get closer to Billings, and always looking for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin