Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A DAY WITHOUT THE INTERNET IS LIKE A DAY.......

Okay, I confess, one of the things I most dislike about going into Canada is the lack of Internet access. Unless you are near a large metropolitan city, you might as well forget about getting online. Oh....and in Canada, I have roaming charges on my wireless broadband card which can really ratchet up the old wireless bill at the end of the month. Now, I don't want to admit that I may be addicted to the Internet, but for me, sitting in the passenger seat, watching the country roll by, the Internet is a bonus feature to have at my fingertips. It must have something to do with being a Type A personality and wanting to do more than one thing at a time. Case in point. Tuesday, making our way out of Canada, Craig had his audio book playing on the CD and I was listening to that and reading a book at the same time. I'll watch TV, but have the computer on to play a game. The computer has been like an added appendage and when I can't log onto the Internet it doesn't make for a happy co-pilot. But I'm happy to report that as soon as we crossed into the USA from Canada, I fired up my wireless connection and my smile could have even brightened up the overcast skies above.

Well it seems we planned just a bit better than at least 3 other drivers in Edmonton. By the time the employees arrived to work, there were 5 trucks lined up to be unloaded. Craig and I have a good system when we unload and it worked well with the guys doing the unloading from the dealership. They especially liked, and were grateful for, the new impact wrench Craig had purchased. We backed in, unloaded, had paperwork signed, and out the door in just an hour. It sure feels great when everyone works well together to get the job done.

It didn't take long to receive our next dispatch. We are heading back to Pipestone, MN to pick up another load of boats, and I'm so happy to say we will NOT be going back to Canada, we will be delivering them to Billings, MT, Pocatella, ID, and Boise, ID. This time instead of the Canadian Victoria Day holiday to contend with, we will have the Memorial Day weekend and the possibility of sitting for three days before being able to deliver in Boise. But we won't know for sure until we actually get the boats loaded in Pipestone Thursday, where we will be sure to check the boats match the paperwork, then crunch the numbers, and see how the run will play out.

Until then, I am happily typing away, reading other blogs, surfing the net, playing computer games and enjoying life. Ahhhh...... the Internet.......life is indeed great again!

1 comment:

rosemary said...

The keys clacking are almost soothing sometimes...and it is the way I keep in touch with the world. Ciao, bella.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin