Sunday, February 10, 2008

NO REST FOR THE WEARY

Thursday we thought we would have the day to do some clothes shopping, as the jeans I have been wearing lately have seen better days. But as we were about to walk out the door, we received a phone call from the Company, telling Craig that they had run a random DMV check, and it showed that he did not have a current physical on file. When he had returned to work the end of October, he had a DOT physical completed, and had mailed it in. DMV had apparently lost his paperwork, so we had to make some phone calls and take a couple of trips to DMV to get it all straigtened out.

So most of the day Thursday, and the early morning of Friday was spent getting the physical fiasco straightened out. Once that was done we could concentrate on more fun things.....shopping! Let me tell you, it took less time to pick up all we needed clothing wise, than it did to deal with DMV. I also had time to get my hair done and complete our taxes. Saturday we spent the day with Craig's parents in Selma, and tonight my Mom is cooking me a belated birthday dinner, topped off by my favorite German Chocolate Cake!

Monday we are off to San Jose, CA to visit friends, Tuesday a belated birthday celebration with my twin nieces who turned 21 while we were out on the road, and Wednesday I have my dental appointment. Quicker than a blink of an eye, it will be Thursday and we will be off again, but until then, weary or not, we will try and get in as much as we can before we climb back into the truck and head on down the road again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin