Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A NORMAN ROCKWELL WORLD

I admit, I have a love affair with Minnesota. Every time we have the opportunity to drive the back roads of this State, it is like time has been turned back. The small quaint little towns we drive through make me long to put down roots here. Each town we pass does remind me of living in a Norman Rockwell world. Now, I don't know if that type of world ever existed or can exist, but if it does I want to be there.


I guess it's the simple life I crave, and when I think about it, my life today is much simpler than it ever was. Once we made the decision to take our life out on the road and on this great adventure, we discarded anything and everything that ever complicated it. No house, no car, no repairs, and especially no bills. We do have an uncomplicated life and for that I am very thankful. It showed me that I didn't need a lot to make me truly happy. We again have our health, and we have each other, and family that loves us no matter how crazy we decide to live our lives.

Our current assignment has taken us to Little Falls, Minnesota to pick up 4 boats which are to be delivered to Williston, North Dakota and Calgary, Alberta Canada. Yes, another trip into Canada. On our last run, my try at imitating Jeannie failed miserably. We had a slight delay at the border and the Customs office while a mistake in border crossing locations was fixed. Oh if only border crossings were like a Norman Rockwell world....now that would make me very happy.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

I'd love to leave behind the bills and troubles of a dormant life, but I have surrounded myself with so many pets....I'd have to have a truck just for all of them and their toys, litter boxes, leashes etc.

B said...

Since I can't leave my job and go on the road at this point in my life, I will live vicariously through your blog! I love reading it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin