Monday, August 06, 2007

SELMA - THE RAISIN CAPITAL OF THE WORLD


Yes, that's right, we are in the raisin capital of the world, Selma, California. And what do you do when you are? You head to the Sun-Maid Raisin plant and visit their gift shop. While enjoying the many samples of every kind of sugar coated, chocolate covered raisins they had on the counter, we browsed the aisles for goodies we just couldn't ignore and that magically jumped from the shelves to our hands to take home. This was a very nice little side trip to take on our way home from our appointment this morning for Craig's MRI.


I have been very apprehensive about this MRI because I knew that Craig would have to lie flat, something he has been unable to do since his injury. I always knew that if he was unable to endure the pain and lie flat, that we would have to reschedule once again, hence prolonging treatment to help him recover.



About three hours prior to the appointment time I start with his medications and followed up with more when we arrived at the imaging center. After registering at the front desk, we only had a short wait before we were called. I was able to accompany Craig as they wheeled him into one of the rooms. Right away I recognized that it was not a MRI, but an x-ray machine. After a bit of a struggle to get Craig up on the table, I went into the other room with the technician. I asked her why they were taking x-rays when the doctor had ordered a MRI. She looked through the paperwork and saw that they had marked the wrong box and that yes, a MRI was in deed ordered. Can you say Murphy's Law?


Now we have to get Craig up off the x-ray table, back to his wheelchair, and then down to the MRI room where I slipped him another Valium and hoped for the best. Once again, it was a struggle to get Craig up on the MRI table, let alone in a position for the MRI to be performed and for the least amount of pain for Craig. As they slowly slid the table into the machine I said a little prayer and waited around the corner until he was done. I was so thankful and relieved when the technician came out and said they were done and that he was able to get a good picture to send to the doctor for our Wednesday appointment. At this point I think Craig was just as relieved as I was that it was over and that we were one step closer to getting back on the road again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read one of your entries way back. part of it went "i think i can, i think i can, i know i can". Well thats your attitude and you will get through all this. "you know you will, you know you will"

Take care, love always

rosemary said...

Catching up.....You are amazing...you must have the patience of a saint and Craig must love and appreciate you beyond words! If I had been in the power outage situation, I would have lost it.

As for saying you are not 25...really? You are lovely. I like the new color too.

Steve has never been drugged enough to have an MRI....all he has to do is look at the thing and he freaks. I had one of my neck and just kept my eyes closed while the machine clunked away!

Anonymous said...

Thought I would comment and say neat theme, did you make it for yourself? It’s really awesome!.

Anonymous said...

Really informative blog post here my friend. I just wanted to comment & say keep up the quality work. I’ve bookmarked your blog just now and I’ll be back to read more in the future my friend! Also well-chosen colors on the theme it goes well with the blog in my modest opinion :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin