Thursday, May 25, 2006

WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS, STAYS IN VEGAS

I had so much fun on the truck with Craig on Thursday going to Santa Rosa, I decided to rearrange some appointments and go with him on a run to Las Vegas. We left French Camp on Monday and headed towards our first fuel stop in Santa Nella. For those of you who are feeling the pain in your wallet over gas prices, check out this fuel pump after only fueling up a little less than half a tank!


As I have come to find out, there is a lot of paperwork that needs to be done on a daily basis, especially the daily driver's log.


Those of you who know me, know that I will be more than willing and excited to organize receipts, and keep the daily log. We also purchased a very nice GPS that gives excellent directions in those areas we are not familiar with. It came to our rescue several times on this trip and it was money well spent.

The following picture was on our approach into Las Vegas. We stayed at a TA truck stop, and although as Craig told me it was not the nicest of truck stops, I have to admit that the shower facilities were very nice.



I'd also like to add that we have made it our challenge to be able to find, and harder yet, find a place to park the big rig for our daily Starbucks fix. On this three day run we were able to do just that. Kudos to Craig for his driving, turning, and parking capabilities with this truck and trailer. When Starbucks makes a drive thru for big rigs we will be very happy!



I'll close with a photo of the boats we loaded up in Vegas. After we dropped off the blue one in Whittier, the large yellow one is destined for Isleton on Thursday. Sadly I had to leave Craig yet again, but hopefully for the last time. We will know more Thursday afternoon when he gets his next assignment as to the exact day and details of how we will meet up for our adventure of a lifetime.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin